VFF Stratford’s Gardening Success
We have identified food security as a critical issue to address in our local groups.
With supply chain issues, fuel costs and the rising cost of living, it’s important to help each other and find local solutions.
There are several ways we can help each other in this area. In this short blog post I would like to highlight three ways VFF Stratford has been able to make progress in the area of local food production.
- Thanks to someone generously offering land, they have been able to turn an empty lot into a shared community garden. This community garden is being maintained by their local group. See the link below to view the one day transformation from bare land to a community garden.
Click here to view the video
- VFF Stratford have also hosted a Seed Seminar to learn about identification, seed harvesting, storage all the way to planting. VFF Stratford have also hosted a Seed Seminar to learn about identification, seed harvesting, storage all the way to planting.
3. Thirdly, VFF Stratford have filmed and distributed their successes to encourage and inspire others around the country. In order to quickly replicate successful initiatives across the country, it is important to take photos and videos to share with the wider community.
What steps are you taking to address these issues?
- home garden / community garden?
- bottling and preserving?
- getting educated?
- looking for space to garden?
- ready to offer some land?
Join your local group and get involved, we all have something to contribute. https://voicesforfreedom.co.nz/local-sign-up